This Policy sets out how Midland Brick deals with your personal information or data and how we protect your privacy.
We will only deal with personal information and data in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act). The Privacy Act provides a framework for protecting the right to privacy of personal information, including the right to access your personal information, while recognising that other rights and interests may also need to be taken into account.
Collection of Personal Information/Data
· We will, from time to time, collect personal information or data from you or others that directly relates to our business.
· We will collect personal information from you if you interact with us.
· We collect personal information from job candidates, employees, contractors, customers, visitors, potential customers, and people who use our website.
· Where you interact with us, we will collect some or all of the following personal information/data:
o Your full name;
o Your contact details including your email address, phone number and/or postal address;
o Your written communications with us;
o Your bank account details;
o Your IRD number;
o Your engagement with our website, our social media sites and/or services.
If you are a job candidate or an employee, we may collect your personal information to assess suitability for employment and promotion, through screening, interviewing, medical checking, pre-employment vetting and reference checking, and for the efficient administration of our various business processes, such as payroll functions. If you are successful in your application for employment, we will retain the information collected in relation to that application on your personal file.
Use, storage and security of personal information
· We will only collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
· We will not sell your personal information or use it for an unlawful purpose.
· We will only share your personal information if required by law or if we need to with trusted third parties (third parties) who provide services to our business, for example, IT support services, our legal representatives, financial advisors, our accountant etc.
· We keep your Personal Information for as long as it is required to provide you with the products or services you requested from us and to comply with legal requirements. If we no longer require your personal information for any purpose, including legal purposes, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or de-identify your personal information.
· We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. We have a range of systems and communication security measures. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
Access to and correction of Personal Information
· We will make every effort to ensure that any personal information held by us is accurate, up to date, complete, and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
· We may contact you from time to time to clarify whether your personal information is accurate and to respond to any enquiries you have made.
· You have the right to ask for and access any personal information we hold about you, as required by the Privacy Act. If you consider any personal information, we hold about you is incorrect, you can ask us to change it. Any queries about your personal information can be raised with us.
· Where we decline to correct the information held on you, we will ask you to provide us a statement of correction which we will attach to the personal information held.
By engaging with our website, social media sites and/or our services, and/or by applying for or accepting employment with us you confirm your acceptance of this Policy, and you agree to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and the Privacy Act.
If you cannot find the information you need, or you have concerns about the way we are managing your personal information, then please contact us at any time on 09 414 1075 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time, for example to reflect changes to the Privacy Act, so feel free to check in again occasionally to see what might have changed. This statement was last updated in October 2022.
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you can’t find whats right for your project and need some advice we are happy to help!
At Midland Brick we have a team of brick experts at hand and chances are we have come across a situation like yours before.